I have to apologize that I don’t have much internet exploring to offer you. I spent most of the weekend at my friends’ house for Holi and their internet was out, so I spent no time online (which was actually quite refreshing and somewhat productive!). Instead, I have a few suggestions for how to waste your time when you do not have internet access. Also, I'm too exhausted to be funny, so sorry that you wasted your time coming here to waste time...
1. Make a home-made version of Apples to Apples.
Ok, you’re all sick of hearing about this, but it actually is really fun to make up your own nouns and/or add your own commentary to the already existing lists.
1. Make a home-made version of Apples to Apples.
Ok, you’re all sick of hearing about this, but it actually is really fun to make up your own nouns and/or add your own commentary to the already existing lists.
2. Start a dance party in your living room. Please note that this can be, and sometimes is best, when done as a solo project.
3. Drink
4. Buy some water guns and plan a surprise attack on your roommates, family members, friends. It’s best to do this in an alliance with others.
5. Read a book. Or write a book. Or write a blog about reading or writing a book.
6. Nap. This is one of my favorite ways to waste time. Did it twice today...
9. Call your mom (or dad or grandparents or sibling). If your mom is anything like mine, then this activity will consume an almost ungodly amount of wasted time (love you mom!).
7. Drink
8. Throw a Sunday afternoon rooftop party during which you throw colored powder at each other. It's actually much more fun than it sounds...
9. Call your mom (or dad or grandparents or sibling). If your mom is anything like mine, then this activity will consume an almost ungodly amount of wasted time (love you mom!).
10. Re-discover the beauty of your iPod.
If you’re anything like me, you have way more songs on your iPod than you even know and certainly more than a few that you’ve forgotten about. While I was looking for an appropriate theme song for Holi, I went to the “Songs” option on my iPod and scrolled to the “C”s to see what songs titles I had with the word “color” in them. The first, “The Color of Water” by M. Ward (an artist whose entire musical collection you MUST own. He is easily in my top 5 favorite artists and I have yet to introduce him to someone who didn’t also follow madly in love with him (sorry, ladies…he’s married. I’ve looked it up before, but apparently she's an academic, so I still have hope for finding my own M. Ward some day!)). I started listening to it and then, as I started work on a fellowship application, I just let the songs keep playing and was delighted by what followed. Some quick highlights included:
Come in from the Cold – Joni Mitchell
Come on Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Come on Over – Mr. Big
Actually, it seems to me that you should go to first song in your list that starts with the word “Come” (no "that's what she said jokes, please), press play and settle in for a fun trip down memory lane and new song discovery.
If you’re anything like me, you have way more songs on your iPod than you even know and certainly more than a few that you’ve forgotten about. While I was looking for an appropriate theme song for Holi, I went to the “Songs” option on my iPod and scrolled to the “C”s to see what songs titles I had with the word “color” in them. The first, “The Color of Water” by M. Ward (an artist whose entire musical collection you MUST own. He is easily in my top 5 favorite artists and I have yet to introduce him to someone who didn’t also follow madly in love with him (sorry, ladies…he’s married. I’ve looked it up before, but apparently she's an academic, so I still have hope for finding my own M. Ward some day!)). I started listening to it and then, as I started work on a fellowship application, I just let the songs keep playing and was delighted by what followed. Some quick highlights included:
Come in from the Cold – Joni Mitchell
Come on Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Come on Over – Mr. Big
Actually, it seems to me that you should go to first song in your list that starts with the word “Come” (no "that's what she said jokes, please), press play and settle in for a fun trip down memory lane and new song discovery.
11. Definitely drink.
4 comments:
let's see if this works
Nice comment, Mom...
I guess it is working - which comment did you not care for??
Post a Comment