Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Drifting, Settling, Off to a foreign place

Good for me..bad for the blog...

Dear readers (i.e. mom, dad, Jordan)

You may have noticed that I've been slacking a bit on the blog lately and I wanted to apologize for that. It has become increasingly clear to me that the therapeutic effects that I was seeking in the blog writing have begun to be realized. It's been a long year and a half, but I can feel myself starting to pull out of the funk that I've been in for the past few months. I've been spending much less time wasted on the internet, I'm becoming more capable of sitting with my own thoughts, I've been making a point of paying attention to what's going on around me and I dare say that I'm (gasp!) happy.

I know. I can hardly believe it myself. And this "happiness" has had the unfortunate effect of dulling my sarcastic and cynical wit. I'm starting to find things genuinely funny...not "god you're an idiot, I hate my life!" funny. Yes...it's difficult for me to accept too. I appreciate your sympathy and understanding in this time of critical transition.

I'll keep posting and I'll try to keep it from slipping into merely personal, nostalgic, anecdotal crap, because that is precisely the type of blogshit I'm trying to mock, but the posts might start coming fewer and farther between.

Keep checking though...my old self is sure to break through every once in a while...

Ever yours,
Jenn "cautiously optimistic" Ortegren

Quotes
"Bitch, what did you expect?!? Right now you're finding meaning in Rihanna lyrics!!!" - Greg assessing my overblown reaction to "No Strings Attached" a month ago.


1 comment:

Lady Antebellum said...

Sympathy and understanding and - I'm sorry, but it's true - also happiness for you. :)