Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Well, what's the use in complaining when you've got what you don't need?

Yet another poster deconstruction. I'm very curious about how many other people's productivity is set into a severe downward spiral simply through the act of going to the bathroom...





I'll make this quick (yes, that's what he said).

1. A 5K "Neon" Run, huh? What is neon about it, exactly, besides the color of this poster? Are we supposed to wear neon? Why neon? What if I don't own neon (I mean, I do...obviously...but what if I didn't?)? Should I also wear a head band, my leg warmers (yes, I have those too), and a side-ponytail? Are we gonna blast some hard-hitting 80s beats like "Send Me an Angel" from a van at the 2.5K marker?

2. Sweat for social justice, huh? I hope this is because these Burmese migrant workers spend their entire lives literally sweating during migration and labor in a sub-tropical environment, and metaphorically sweating their status as citizens in both their home and adopted countries. Mostly I hope that because nothing motivates one to seek social justice like irony.

3. "Free" Chipotle, huh? Look, people...we went over this last time. Shit aint "free" if I have to pay a $10 registration for it. I refuse to believe that all 10 of my dollars are going straight to Thailand and, honestly, at this point, shouldn't we just be sending these people Chipotle? Have you seen the size of one of those burritos? It could feed an entire Burmese family for days!!!

4. I appreciate that the silhouette of the girl is in 2nd place here (at least for the moment), but....why do all of the male figures seem to be sprinting and the female one is barely dragging her ass along? Her feet aren't even off the ground! I feel like I can see her face in a painful grimace...and her eyes shooting hateful darts at that peppy, buffed-out, 20-year old douchebag in a frat t-shirt that is about to overtake her (and who probably made this poster). Douchebag.

5. "Burmese" migrant workers, huh? Please, people...it's Myanmar. Let's not pretend the regime didn't win.

Also, this race has already taken place. Please remove this poster and allow me to return to my previous level of low-to-moderate productivity. 

1 comment:

Andrew Dice Clay said...

Well, to be fair, women are great at many things, but sweating for social justice is not one of them.

Hickory dickory dock...